Falcon Media House Limited
Falcon Media House Limited, a company limited by shares registered in Guernsey under company number 59731 whose registered office is at 1 Le Marchant Street, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 2JP (Falcon) operates this website.
Below we have set out how we use the information that you give us and how our site operates.
Subject Information Statement
Personal Data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA) is collected through this site and along with information provided to Falcon by telephone or in writing (including email) will be processed by Falcon:
- for the purposes of marketing shares in Falcon and the services Falcon provides;
- legal compliance;
- responding to queries raised as part of your communication with Falcon.
Sensitive Personal Information
Certain personal information is categorised by the DPA as “Sensitive Personal Data” as defined by the DPA.
In some circumstances, Falcon provides you with the opportunity to inform us of your sensitive personal data, unless we are permitted to process such sensitive personal data under the provisions of the DPA, we will ask for your consent. In some circumstances we may process sensitive personal data about offences you have committed or are alleged to have committed and any proceedings taken in respect of such an offence.
Sharing Your Information
If you do not wish us to share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes, please write to the address set out below.
You have the right under the DPA to request that we do not process your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. If you would prefer that we cease to send you direct marketing information please write to the address set out below.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our Website. This can include using a ‘cookie’ (pieces of information that are transferred to an individual user’s hard drive for record keeping purposes). At the present time the cookie stores any information which you enter into our Website, this includes name, address, phone number and email address. It is possible for us to retrieve the information stored in the cookie.
We use ‘cookies’ on our Website to enable our system to recognise your computer and allow us to see how you use our Website. Most browsers allow you to stop receiving cookies. The cookies function by saving your passwords and site preferences – as a result it is possible to speed up your future activities at our Website and allow us to provide you with information specifically tailored to your interests. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. To modify your browser settings click on the help section of your Internet browser and follow the instructions.
European Economic Area (the EEA)
Please note that information displayed on our Website or sent to us over the Internet may be transferred outside of the EEA, where data protection laws are not as strong as within the EEA. If you have any concerns in relation to such transfers, you should not use the Internet as a means of communication with us.
Our Website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices or the content of any websites which are linked to our Website.
Falcon encourages parents and guardians to use the parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to help supervise their children’s online activities. Falcon shall only obtain the data of individuals within the European Union and shall take steps to ensure that children from other jurisdictions cannot use the Site in breach of the laws of their home jurisdiction.
Monitoring of telephone calls and e-mails
Your telephone calls and e-mails to us may be recorded and monitored for quality control purposes. We may also intercept communications made to individual members of staff of Falcon when this is required for business purposes.
Any personal information that you transfer to us via our Website is protected.
In the Act “processing” means obtaining, recording, or holding the information or data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the information or data, including:
- organisation, adaptation or alteration of the information or data,
- retrieval, consultation or use of the information or data,
- disclosure of the information or data by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, or
- alignment, combination, blocking, erasure or destruction of the information or data.
Personal data are:
- any data from which the identity of a living individual can be determined, either by itself or with other data processed by data controller;
- any information such as name and address, email address, telephone number and general contact details, personal data includes images on film (e.g. CCTV images), photographs and telephone voice recordings.
Sensitive Personal Data
Sensitive Personal Data means personal data consisting of information as to:
- the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject;
- his political opinion;
- his religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature;
- whether he is a member of a trade union (within the meaning of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992);
- his physical or mental health or condition;
- his sexual life;
- the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence; or
- any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by him, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.